Lately, I’ve been really loving my crockpot.
I use it about once a week and it’s wonderful!
I think they are great because they are affordable, they cook while you are at work, and they are easy to use!
I purchase my 5.5 QT crockpot for $25 at Target.
It’s very easy to use (Off, Low, High, Warm) functions.
It’s the perfect size for 2 people + you get some tasty leftovers.
Beef Stew Recipe
*Mostly you can chop up any vegetables and meat you want, pour in some broth and a pinch of spices.
Afterwards you can just leave and voila! It’s done when you come back. It’s a amazing!
This recipe is a collaboration of many different recipes I’ve looked at and what works for us.
I own a 5.5QT crockpot (medium size) so please adjust to your pot size.
Ingredient do shrink some in the pot but don’t overflow it.
2 Cans of Beef Broth
1-2 roma tomatoes
3 stalks of celery (celery branch?)
3 russet potatoes
1 cup of baby carrots
1 pound of beef roast (cubed)
Minced some garlic
Salt, Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, Chili Sauce
Fresh Rosemary & Thyme – when available
As I said before this is just what I buy and what I have ready.
Basically any stew like vegetable works, it’s just experimenting.
1) First off make sure everything is washed and cleaned including the crockpot
2) Cut up all the vegetables / meat to bite size pieces (1in)
3) Put the food in the pot, make sure to leave 2 in room at the top
4) Pour in 1.5 cans of beef broth + 3 cups of water
5) Mix in 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon of chili sauce (spicy), 2 teaspoons of worchester
6) Pinch up some garlic, rosemary & thyme
7) Stir mixture
8) Turn dial (6 hours cook time – choose High) ( 12 hrs cook time – choose Low)
10) If you feel the broth is evaporating too fast, add 1-2 cups water to the pot
Yep and it turns into this yummy stew/soup.
I like mine with biscuits and food coma 🙂
I like to prepare this the ***NIGHT BEFORE*** consumption and turn it on in the morning.