So only 9 more days UNTIL Christmas!
I’m almost finished with my holiday wish list with only my grandpa and my little brother left. Yikes with such limited time and no clue in sight I began searching online for hit presents. Then I realized in case a mismatch gift occurs I want to know my options since it would suck to be stuck with a dud and no way out in sight! This list contains some of my favorite shops, a lot of any time returns, and suggestions seen on csn money. All the information has come directly from the current online sellers’ return & exchanges policy pages.
I’ve compiled a list of companies with GREAT RETURN POLICIES (return policy taken off the store’s online info*)
***BEST STORE POLICIES***
Kohl’s (policy here)
- Customers who have their receipts can return all items at ANYTIME.
- Kohl’s does not have a time limit for refunds or replacements.
- If you have lost your receipt or are using a gift receipt, Kohl’s will allow you to exchange your item for one that is comparably priced or they will issue you store credit.
- Online Kohls purchases can be returned at any Kohls store
Macy (policy here)
- We want you to be happy with your purchase from macys.com. You may exchange or return most merchandise for a full refund, less shipping charges, based on the original form of payment, ANYTIME after purchase.
- If you are returning a gift, you will receive a store merchandise credit.
- In the case of an exchange, shipping for the new item will be free of charge.
L.L Bean (policy here)
“I do not consider a sale complete until goods are worn out and customer is still satisfied. – L.L. Bean, 1916.” Customers can send any item back, at any time, with or without receipts, in any condition…and still get a refund or exchange. (ANYTIME)
– Free return shipping for L.L Bean Visa Card members
- You can return your purchase for up to 365 days from the purchase date.
- Products must be in the condition you received them and in the original box and/or packaging.
- Return shipping is absolutely FREE.
- You will be provided with a pre-paid UPS domestic or USPS domestic label to return the purchase to us.
Costco (policy here)
- We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. ANYTIME
- The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.
Bath & Body Works (policy here)
- At Bath & Body Works, no sale is ever final. (ANYTIME)
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange or receive a merchandise credit
- If you prefer a refund (excluding shipping and handling charges), just show us your sales receipt or invoice. (bring original cc)
Walmart (policy here)
- Most store items can be exchanged or refunded with a receipts within 90 days of purchase (exception electronic/regulated items)
- Walmart’s No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer’s warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.
- Walmart ONLINE purchases can be returned in store (unless otherwise noted in return policy)
- Items do need to be in original packaging
REI (policy here)
- Every item you purchase at REI is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- Whether you made your purchase online, by mail or in an REI store, you may return or exchange it by mail or at any of our retail locations. Returns information and instructions are listed below and can also be found on the back of your invoice.
Sephora (policy here) This is a great policy because they take new/used. You can try out the product -any reason
- If you are not completely satisfied with a Sephora.com purchase or gift for any reason, please return it for a full refund within 60 days.
- Return shipping and handling fees are free when you use the Merchandise Return label included in your order.We regret that we are unable to refund your original shipping charges unless the return was a result of our error.
- If we receive your item(s) within 61-90 days of purchase date or if they were paid with a Sephora Gift Card, eGift Certificate, or online store credit, you will receive a refund in the form of an online store credit for the item(s).
JcPenney (policy here)
With a Receipt: An original receipt dated within 90 days of the purchase is required for return/exchange for a full refund of the purchase price on the original method of payment. Debit card transactions will be refunded as cash.
With a Gift Receipt: returns accompanied by a gift receipt within 90 days will be refunded at the gift receipt price and issued in a Gift Card.
Without a Receipt or Receipted and over 90 days: The price refunded will be the lowest on sale price within the last 30 days. A refund will be issued only in the form of a JCPenney Merchandise Return Voucher or a credit to the customers’ JCPenney Charge Card. (photo id)
Free return shipping & handling on items returned via mail
You can return online items in store unless noted*
Some exclusions apply see policy link for more details
Borders (new update here)
Holiday Return Policy Nov 14th extended up to Jan 31st 2011
I didn’t see this on the website as it states 30 days return policy. However I believe I saw something about this on my Border’s receipt.
(that’s way longer than Barnes & Nobles only 14 day policy -unless that’s changed too…)
Whew that’s just highlight of the stores! Other stores such as Sears, Ikea, Toy’R US, Target and Lowes also seem to have 90 days return policy. For more details check out their return policy on their websites.,