My Beauty Army
1) Take a beauty profile
2) Choose up 6 from 9 deluxe beauty size samples
3) Costs $12/month + Free shipping
4) You can opt to “Skip a Month”
I have been a subscriber to Birchbox for about a year. Click here for latest Birchbox post.
My love for Birchbox has alerted me to the many different monthly beauty boxes available.
My Beauty Army is a great beauty box for those who want a bit more control over the samples.
My Beauty Army is very similar to Birchbox.
It’s a monthly subscription, you get a black box as seen above and you get high-end deluxe size samples.
The main difference is that you can *CHOOSE* what you get
1) Every month there’s a “window frame” about a 1 wk to choose samples
2) They present 9 samples – you choose 6 to keep
3) You can opt to skip a month of the subscription
4) Different brands available compared to Birchbox
5) Samples choices appear slightly larger in size 1-2oz
My 6 samples I choose
1. Purlisse Lip Conditioner
2. Babor Cleansing Oil Duo
3. Brow Brush / Razor Tool
4. Befine Night Cream
5. CellCeuticals Skin Treatment
6. My FaceWorks Foundation in Light
If you don’t like the 9 samples option they give you but you want to see if they have something else available.
1) Go to left side of your profile – my beauty profile
2) Retake Beauty Profile
3) New beauty samples will pop up and your 9 choices will CHANGE!
You can take the beauty profile as many times as you like from my experience
However, if you do like something when you retake the profile it can be “lost” in a new set so choose wisely!
I did this a few times to see what is out there and get a better combination.
So far I’ve only really tested 2 out of 6 samples since I’ve been quite busy.
Here’s what I think so far.
My FaceWorks Foundation in – Light 02
Normally I would say I’m medium color but after looking at some swatches online I decided to go with Light.
I was very impressed by the sample size which will be good for a series of uses.
I think it’s a wonderful summer foundation and feels natural.
The consistency is very much a liquid form and it is easy to apply. It has medium coverage.
I really like my Beauty Army and I think I will keep subscribed.
I found the samples I choose to be a solid sample size and I’m pleased with the selection.
I recently received my May 2012 box so stay tuned for that to be posted!