I normally wouldn’t put up such a negative post but I want consumers to be aware. From my own personal experience and the reviews of many other readers on slickdeals & hip2save blog I’ve come to this realization: mistakes happen but the service afterwards is crucial part of a good company. Just because a deal goes viral doesn’t mean that companies can pretend it wasn’t their own responsibility and silently delete orders!
These online clothing/home companies under Redcats brand here I would avoid!
- They DO NOT honor their OWN codes or coupons
- They have tendency to over-charge credit cards without approval (codes fail X_X)
- They will delete your orders without e-mail saying that your order was cancelled
- They “pretend” that their codes were mis-used, leaked, etc, and yet they posted the same code their website
- They don’t have their act together when you attempt to use customer service
- They quickly censor negative responses on their social media sites
- Their live chat is always down
Even when a deal goes viral consumers still have rights against credit fraud, protection against bait & switch and other negatory business practices. If this happens to you, make sure to take the time to file a complaint against them through the better business bureau!!! here.
I get stellar deals from time to time and once in a while a dud. But I won’t put up with any company that doesn’t take responsibility for what they do and stand behind their own services.
So to all my readers out there, be confident, be honest, and the saying too good to be true is not always right because there are great deals out there. Doesn’t mean you should avoid deals or coupons or great things in your life. It’s all about people helping people and always remember there’s no way anyone ever gets the right to scam you!